OSU Medical Center744 West 9th Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74127-9020 (918) 599-1000
Cardiopulmonary Services provides services for our medical center’s inpatients and outpatients.
The Cardiopulmonary Department consists of:
- Respiratory Therapy Department which provides optimum assistance to nurses and physicians in maintaining preventative and restorative respiratory needs for patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The population served by the Respiratory Therapy Department consists of neonatal patients, newborn, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients requiring respiratory testing, respiratory treatment, or continuous ventilation.
- Procedures performed by the Respiratory Therapy Department include: ACLS assistance, arterial blood gas sampling, breathing treatments, chest physiotherapy, oxygen therapypeak flow, testingaerosol therapy, ventilator care, tracheostomy care, bronchoscopy assistance, and EKGs.
- Our newly remodeled Pulmonary Function Lab includes a comprehensive body plethysmograph, metabolic/exercise bike, and six minute walk.
- The Electroencephalography (EEG) Department has been renovated and provides awake EEG, Sleep-deprived EEG, Long-term Extended Monitoring EEG, Sleep EEG, and EMG.
- Our state-of-the-art, remodeled Sleep Lab has the capability to test patients for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Central Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Periodic Limb Movement Disorders, and other Sleep associated illnesses.