Oklahoma State University Medical Center (OSUMC) offers scholarship monies for employees and students to become better educated and more highly skilled through continued education. Educational assistance in the form of a scholarship may be obtained for courses of study which are directly related to the current employment needs of the institution. The monies received as scholarship may be considered taxable income.
Deadlines for Scholarships are as follows:
- April 1st – for Summer
- May 1st – for Physician Manpower
- July 1st – for Fall Semester
- November 1st – for Spring Semester
All correspondence regarding the program may be directed to:
Oklahoma State University Medical Center
Human Resources Dept.
744 West 9th
Tulsa, OK 74127-9096
Following graduation or successful licensure, students are obligated to six months of Full Time employment for every semester scholarshiped.
- Complete the scholarship application form.
- Submit two (2) favorable professional references.
- Submit transcript indicating current cumulative grade point average of 2.7.
- Submit proof of acceptance into college or approved program.
- A minimum of 135 points on the most recent performance appraisal.
- No PDA within the last 12 months.
Acceptance in Program
In order to be accepted into the scholarship program, the applicant must submit all required information and interview with the scholarship committee or their designee. The final determination is based upon interview results, grade point average/test scores, business necessity/area of need, references/performance appraisal and the amount of scholarship monies available to be disbursed.
The scholarship applicant will be notified regarding the status of their application by mail.
In order to renew a scholarship, the recipient must notify in writing intent to continue in school, with enrollment verification from school, grades when available (2.7 GPA).
Download the scholarship application here.